Are there Christians out there that worship a god instead of a trinity? I like the idea of Judaism and Islam but i want to stay christian. Can one be a christian if he believes that jesus was just a prophet and worships god alone?
King James Version Bible
2 Peter Chapter 1
2. Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
Matthew Chapter 3
17. And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
John Chapter 7
16. Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
Matthew Chapter 10
40. He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
Matthew Chapter 19
16. And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17. And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
John Chapter 3
16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John Chapter 5
19. Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
20. For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.
21. For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth [them]; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
22. For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
23. That all [men] should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
30. I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
31. If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
39. Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
43. I am come in my Father’s name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
44. How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that [cometh] from God only?
45. Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is [one] that accuseth you, [even] Moses, in whom ye trust.
46. For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
47. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
John Chapter 13
16. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
Ecclesiastes Chapter 12
13. Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this [is] the whole [duty] of man.
Matthew Chapter 22
37. Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38. This is the first and great commandment.
39. And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
John Chapter 13
34. A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
1 Timothy Chapter 1
5. Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and [of] a good conscience, and [of] faith unfeigned:
Galatians Chapter 6
14. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
John Chapter 13
35. By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
Colossians Chapter 3
17. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, [do] all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
1 Timothy Chapter 2
5. For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6. Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
John Chapter 15
13. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
John Chapter 14
23. Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
John Chapter 17
1. These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
John Chapter 8
31. Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, [then] are ye my disciples indeed;
32. And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Read about the Jeffersonian bible. It’s basically the teachings of Jesus without all the superstitious magic type stuff. It also throws out all the corrupted teachings of the disciples and Paul who butchered the New Testament after Jesus died.
And the trinity was a completely made up theory put forward by corrupted priests who voted it into existence at the Council of Nicaea in 325 to create a loophole for worshiping idols aka keeping Christianity a monotheistic religion.
No. That is the basis of being a Christian. Believing that Christ died for your sins, rose on the third day and now sits on the right hand of God. If you do not believe these things you are not a Christian. That does not mean you are not religious. You simply need to change what you call yourself. And I know this is hard. I live in a very religious community and it is hard when people ask what church you go to. It is like you are almost embarrassed to admit you are not a christian. But better than a hypocrite, right?
@ Micky – What? I don’t get what you are saying…
Yes you can. Jehovah’s Witnesses are Chrsitians yet they reject the doctrine of the Trinity. The reason they reject the trinity is that verses such as Mark 10:18 where Jesus said he is not good but only God, & John 17:3 where it says that only the Father is the true God, contradict the Trinity teaching that Jesus is God.
My thinking is that you are a Christian if you believe in Whom Jesus Christ is
and everything He stands for.
He was, and is, more than a prophet. He is God’s son, Redeemer, Prince of peace, and way more.
Even Christians have idols–which is anything more important to them than God. That is an idol.
You can be a Christian, bound for Heaven, but when you stray and turn your back on Jesus, Then I don’t think you will go to Heaven
JUST my thinking, you understand
1. do you believe in god, only one god, a higher power than everything. a creator of everything?
2. do you believe that muhammad was the last of god’s messengers?
Judaism doesn’t believe in Jesus at all they view him as a heretic or a man who deviated from the path, and Christians take him for a god, it’s only Muslims who see him as a prophet.
You can’t. Christians have to believe that your saviour is Christ alone. And you must believe in Salvation and the eternal original sin.
From what you are saying, you might as well be a Muslim, because what your believing is everything Muslims believe in.
Nope. You cannot be a real Christian if you don’t think Jesus Christ is God. Here’s strong proof that Jesus is God.
And it will be for a sign and for a witness to the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt; for they will cry to the Lord because of the oppressors, and He will SEND them a SAVIOR and a Mighty One, and He will deliver them – Isaiah 19:20.
Now connect that to this next one.
“I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no SAVIOR. I have declared and saved, I have proclaimed, and there was no foreign god among you; therefore you are My witness,” says the Lord, “that I am God.” – Isaiah 43:11,12.
In the 1st Scripture it says He will send them a SAVIOR who will deliver them. In the 2nd passage of Scripture, from the same book, Isaiah, the Lord says that He is the SAVIOR and that He is God. He’s the same person. He will send them a SAVIOR, and the SAVIOR is God. Plain and simple. Jesus Christ is Lord, and Jesus Christ is SAVIOR, and Jesus Christ is God. Proven here with the above OT Scripture.
Jesus said, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me.” – John 10:25.
Jesus answered them, “I and My Father are one.” – John 10:30
Jesus said, “If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.” – John 10:37,38.
Jesus said, “He who has seen Me has seen the Father.” (John 14:9).
Jesus answered them, “Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.” – John 8:36. He was talking about sin and being free from being a slave of sin.
“But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever… Therefore God, Your God, has annointed You.” (Hebrews 1:8,9) This is also in the OT from Psalm 45:6,7.
Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either… – 1 John 2:22,23.
He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life – 1 John 5:12.
May God bless you.
The Way To Heaven, according to the Bible
(Psalm 83:18) That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.
Jesus is the son of god Not the Almighty God as some would want you to believe
I would say to be a true Christian you can’t believe in the trinity as Jesus nor any of his disciples taught the trinity
(John 17:3) This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.
Matthew 16:13 Jesus went asking his disciples: “Who are men saying the Son of man is?” 14 They said: “Some say John the Baptist, others E‧li′jah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them: “YOU, though, who do YOU say I am?” 16 In answer Simon Peter said: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 In response Jesus said to him: “Happy you are, Simon son of Jo′nah, because flesh and blood did not reveal [it] to you, but my Father who is in the heavens did.
Christians worship Jesus Christ.
That is exactly what Muslims believe; that Jesus was a noble prophet and not a God.
According to the teachings, Jesus basically was God, incarnate as a human.