It will be impossible. In a little more than one year in office here is a partial list of the mess he has already made.
1.. Ordered all federal agencies to undertake a study and make recommendations for ways to cut spending
2. Ordered a review of all federal operations to identify and cut wasteful spending and practices
3. Instituted enforcement for equal pay for women
4. Beginning the withdrawal of US troops from Iraq
5. Families of fallen soldiers have expenses covered to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB
6. Ended media blackout on war casualties; reporting full information
7. Ended media blackout on covering the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB; the media is now permitted to do so pending adherence to respectful rules and approval of fallen soldier’s family
8. The White House and federal government are respecting the Freedom of Information Act
9. Instructed all federal agencies to promote openness and transparency as much as possible
10. Limits on lobbyist’s access to the White House
11. Limits on White House aides working for lobbyists after their tenure in the administration
12. Ended the previous stop-loss policy that kept soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan longer than their enlistment date
13. Phasing out the expensive F-22 war plane and other outdated weapons systems, which weren’t even used or needed in Iraq/Afghanistan
14. Removed restrictions on embryonic stem-cell research
15. Federal support for stem-cell and new biomedical research
16. New federal funding for science and research labs
17. States are permitted to enact federal fuel efficiency standards above federal standards
18. Increased infrastructure spending (roads, bridges, power plants) after years of neglect
19. Funds for high-speed, broadband Internet access to K-12 schools
20. New funds for school construction
21. The prison at Guantanamo Bay is being phased out
22. US Auto industry rescue plan
23. Housing rescue plan
24. $789 billion economic stimulus plan
25. The public can meet with federal housing insurers to refinance (the new plan can be completed in one day) a mortgage if they are having trouble paying
26. US financial and banking rescue plan
27. The secret detention facilities in Eastern Europe and elsewhere are being closed
28. Ended the previous policy; the US now has a no torture policy and is in compliance with the Geneva Convention standards
29. Better body armor is now being provided to our troops
30. The missile defense program is being cut by $1.4 billion in 2010
31. Restarted the nuclear nonproliferation talks and building back up the nuclear inspection infrastructure/protocols
32. Reengaged in the treaties/agreements to protect the Antarctic
33. Reengaged in the agreements/talks on global warming and greenhouse gas emissions
34. Visited more countries and met with more world leaders than any president in his first six months in office
35. Successful release of US captain held by Somali pirates; authorized the SEALS to do their job
36. US Navy increasing patrols off Somali coast
37. Attractive tax write-offs for those who buy hybrid automobiles
38. Cash for clunkers program offers vouchers to trade in fuel inefficient, polluting old cars for new cars; stimulated auto sales
39. Announced plans to purchase fuel efficient American-made fleet for the federal government
40. Expanded the SCHIP program to cover health care for 4 million more children
41. Signed national service legislation; expanded national youth service program
42. Instituted a new policy on Cuba, allowing Cuban families to return home to visit loved ones
43. Ended the previous policy of not regulating and labeling carbon dioxide emissions
44. Expanding vaccination programs
45. Immediate and efficient response to the floods in North Dakota and other natural disasters
46. Closed offshore tax safe havens
47. Negotiated deal with Swiss banks to permit US government to gain access to records of tax evaders and criminals
48. Ended the previous policy of offering tax benefits to corporations who outsource American jobs; the new policy is to promote in-sourcing to bring jobs back
49.. Ended the previous practice of protecting credit card companies; in place of it are new consumer protections from credit card industry’s predatory practices
50. Energy producing plants must begin preparing to produce 15% of their energy from renewable sources
51. Lower drug costs for seniors
52. Ended the previous practice of forbidding Medicare from negotiating with drug manufacturers for cheaper drugs; the federal government is now realizing hundreds of millions in savings
53. Increasing pay and benefits for military personnel
54. Improved housing for military personnel
55. Initiating a new policy to promote federal hiring of military spouses
56. Improved conditions at Walter Reed Military Hospital and other military hospitals
57. Increasing student loans
Yahoo doesn’t give enough room to give the complete list of his screw ups.
This may sound a bit Orwellian but historically political maneuvering is done with a long term goal.
Think about this if the progressive left wants to really get control and take over and socialize the government of this country might the plan not be for Obama to be the “point man” installing policy and pushing an agenda that will cause the next president and the nation to fail miserably thereby laying blame on the party in charge as the populace always does and allowing them to sweep into power while the country is in ruin and weakened.
OWE-Bama might be a one term plant to do just what he is doing wreck the nation with plans that kick in after his ouster in 2012.
I know a very far out idea but plausible in our world.
I think the next Republican candidate should run on an “I’m not Bush” platform. It worked for Obama. Then when he/she gets in office that can just blame everything on Bush. It’s working for Obama.
The new President is going to be Obama. If Obama screwed up a wet dream he’d still be miles ahead of anyone the Republicans would run in 2012.
CONGRESS WILL…we wlll modify what is not thrown out. It is still being repealed and it is unconstitutional. 17 states have filed lawsuits and the rest are waiting to file too.
Why are they waiting? Because if these 17 fail…others will file one by one…and one will win..when that one wins..we all win.
NOT all states are created and treated equally. With the back door deals….this is not constitutional that we pay for several states medicare when others get nothing.
this is not over..not by a long shot! It will be a long haul..but paying over 1 trillion dollars to cover 32 million is ridiculous!
Yeah, sure, just like Obama was able to fix Bush’s mess….as long as we have idiots voting we will continue to have corporate puppets in power.
Its 50% the peoples fault as its 50% the presidents fault.(takes 2 to tango)
It will take him or her two years to undo this load of crud Obama has rammed through
No, it’s going to take a new president and a new congress to fix obama’s mess.
I doubt it, I almost feel sorry for the next guy…….
Its going to take one hell of a republican. I fear that we don’t have the right individual to fill this role
But he is the next president